Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Muffin Does NOT Like the Vet

Yesterday, we took Muffin to the vet. She had been having convulsion-like movements, and I was very concerned. The vet said that she may have mites, as I had been noticing her itching quite a lot, so she gave us some Revolution, as well as a liquid vitamin supplement (though I'm not entirely sure what that has to do with the convulsions). I also learned today that the vitamin supplement stains, as Muffin now has orange all around her mouth, which mostly has to do with her struggling and squealing while I was trying to place the syringe in her mouth. Water only took a bit of it off, so I will have to do some research and see what I could find that works better.

The vet also said that it could be stress related as well, as it does seem to happen mostly when she is nervous. And she can get very stressed out, especially, I learned, at the vet, where she was screeching as if she was being murdered. They even had to place a blanket over her so that they could clip her nails, which were very, very long. Though even after they had been clipped, she still managed to scratch me up good on the wrist while I was putting her back in her cage after the trip. She's still pretty stressed, particularly when I take her out of the cage, which I'm sure has to do with her traumatic experience at the vet's so I'm hoping she calms down more within the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment